FLORIDA LEARNER'S LICENSE REQUIREMENTS
- Must be at least 15 years old
- If under 18 years old, must have a signed/notarized Parental Consent Form (step-parents may not sign unless they have legally adopted the minor child)
- Proof of Traffic Law and Substance Abuse Education (TLSAE) course completion
- Pass a vision and hearing test - testing is conducted in a service center
- Pass Class E Knowledge Exam (The test is 50 multiple-choice questions about traffic laws and traffic signs. The passing score is 80 percent or 40 out of 50 questions.)
- Must provide documents needed to establish proof of identity, proof of social security number, and proof of residential address. View a list of acceptable documents.
You are only allowed to drive during daylight hours during the first three months after your learner's permit was issued, and until 10 PM after the first three months. You must always be accompanied by a licensed driver 21+ in the front passenager seat.
FLORIDA DRIVER'S LICENSE REQUIREMENTS
- Must be at least 16 years old
- Must hold learner's license for at least one year (12 months) OR reach age 18, whichever comes first
- A parent, legal guardian or responsible adult over 21 years old must complete the Certification of Minor Driving Experience Form, certifying the driver has 50 hours of driving experience, of which 10 hours must be at night. Use this Practice Log Sheet to track driving experience time.
- NO moving violation convictions for one year from learner's license date of issuance (OR may have one moving violation as long as adjudication was withheld)
- Must pass Class E Driving Skills Test
- The vehicle used for the driving test must have a valid registration, proof of insurance and pass a basic vehicle inspection that is conducted by the driver license examiner to determine that it is safe for a driving test
- Must provide documents needed to establish proof of identity, proof of Social Security number, and proof of residential address if you have not previously provided these documents. View a list of acceptable documents.
If you are 16 years old, you are not allowed to drive between 11 PM and 6 AM unless you are driving to or from work OR accompanied by a licensed driver 21+.
If you are 17 years old, you are not allowed to drive between 1 AM and 5 AM unless you are driving to or from work OR accompanied by a licensed driver 21+.